Piccolo's AKC Standard Poodles
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." -Bern Williams
NEXT LITTERS EXPECTED APPROXIMATELY OCTOBER 2021
AND MARCH 2022
* LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR UPDATES *
OCTOBER 2021 CLARK/PHOEBE LITTER
This match combines strong conformation with high performance possibilities. In this litter's 7-generation pedigree, there are 150 performance titles and over 150 conformation Champions! The puppies will be excellent performance (obedience, rally, agility, trick dog, coursing), service/therapy dog, hunting, and conformation prospects as well as amazing pets! The puppies should mature to approximately 23-26? at the shoulder and 40-60 pounds depending on sex, build, and care.
The mother will be URO2 GRCH Piccolo's As You Like It RN RI CGCA TKN TKI BCAT DCAT CA SN-C CD-C NTD Total Dog VCX (call name Phoebe). Photos and other details of Phoebe can be found at https://www.piccolospoodles.com/phoebe. She is a loving, smart girl with a natural retrieving and scent drive. She is solid brown in color with genotype bbEe. She is 23" at the shoulder and weighs about 45 pounds. Her pedigree can be found at http://www.poodledata.org/pedigree.asp?ID=550589 although keep in mind that all titles may not be updated in this public database. She has been certified by the OFA for her hips, elbows, eyes, thyroid, and dentition. She has been tested normal and clear for progressive retinal atrophy, Von Willebrand's Disease, Neonatal Encephalopathy, rod-cone dysplasia type 4 progressive retinal atrophy, and Degenerative Myelopathy. Phoebe's OFA health testing link is https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?f=sr&appnum=2034332. She has also been tested at the Veterinary Genetics Laboratory as part of the Canine Genetic Diversity project which helps breeders to improve the health of breeding programs. Phoebe has earned her AKC RN and RI rally titles; AKC BCAT and DCAT Fast CAT title; AKC TKN and TKI trick dog titles; AKC CA coursing title; AKC CGC and CGCA titles; UKC URO1 and URO2 rally titles; UKC Grand Championship title; CDSP SN-C and CD-C obedience titles; and DMWYD NTD tick dog title. She has also earned the UKC Total Dog and Versatility Certificate Excellent awards. She is 1 point shy of her UKC Grand Championship title.
Phoebe's mother Paige was CHIC certified and has been certified by the OFA for her eyes, hips, elbows, thyroid, and dentition. She has tested normal and clear for progressive retinal atrophy, Von Willebrand's Disease, Neonatal Encephalopathy, Degenerative Myelopathy, and Brucellosis. She was also tested at the Veterinary Genetics Laboratory as part of the Canine Genetic Diversity project. Phoebe's father Estlin is CHIC certified and has been certified by the OFA for his eyes, hips, elbows, heart, and thyroid. He has been tested normal and clear for Von Willebrand's Disease and Neonatal Encephalopathy. He has also been tested at the Veterinary Genetics Laboratory as part of the Canine Genetic Diversity project. Two of Phoebe's grandparents are also fully OFA and CHIC health certified. In Phoebe's 6-generation pedigree, there are almost 100 performance titles (obedience, rally, agility, therapy, hunting, tracking, herding, tricks, versatility, etc) and 40 conformation Champions! Phoebe's mother Paige had her AKC RN and RA rally titles; AKC Novice Trick Dog title; UKC URO1, URO2, and URO3 rally titles; UKC Championship title; CDSP SN-C obedience title. Paige also was awarded the Versatility Certificate Excellent Award for her performance in conformation, obedience, rally, trick dog, and extensive health testing. Phoebe's father Estlin has his AKC Championship title; AKC BN, CD, and CDX obedience titles; AKC OA, OJ, NA, and NJ agility titles; AKC RN, RA, RE, RM, RAE2 rally titles; AKC TD tracking title; AKC VCD2 versatility title; AKC JH hunting title; AKC THDN and THD therapy dog title; AKC WC and WCX working titles; AKC CGC title; UKC Grand Champion title; UKC CD obedience title; UKC URO1, URO2, and URO3 rally titles; UKC UAGI and UAGII agility titles; and CKC CD obedience title; CKC RN, RA, and RE rally titles; CKC TD and UTD tracking titles. Phoebe's grandparents? titles include AKC BN, CD, GN obedience titles; AKC RN, RA, and RE rally titles; AKC TKN trick dog title; AKC CGC title; CDSP CD-S obedience title; DMWYD NTD trick dog title; TDI certified therapy dog; CKC conformation Championship titles; HIT herding title; AKC Achiever Dog award; and VCX award.
The sire is GCHP Autumn Hills Superhero (call name Clark). Attached is a photo collage of Clark. He is a happy, outgoing, confident dog. He is extremely handsome and very sound of build. He is a natural retriever, but has spent all of his show career in the conformation ring. He is solid black in color and 25" at the shoulder. His pedigree can be found at http://poodledata.org/pedigree.asp?ID=497786 although keep in mind that all titles may not be updated in this public database. Clark is fully OFA and CHIC health certified. He has been certified by the OFA for his eyes, hips, cardiac, and thyroid. He has been tested normal and clear for progressive retinal atrophy, Von Willebrand's Disease, Neonatal Encephalopathy, and Degenerative Myelopathy. Although some of his testing is still in the process of posting, Clark's OFA health testing link is https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?appnum=1864302. His CHIC health certification number is 145776. He has also been tested at the Veterinary Genetics Laboratory as part of the Canine Genetic Diversity project. Clark has earned his AKC Platinum Grand Champion title. He was the #1 male Standard Poodle in the USA in 2017 and 2018. He has won the Best In Show and Reserve Best In Show distinction multiple times in addition to Best In Specialty Show distinction multiple times.
Clark's mother Nina was certified by the OFA for her eyes and sebaceous adenitis. Nina's father was imported from the Czech Republic which also increased genetic diversity. Clark's father Lucky is CHIC certified and has been certified by the OFA for his eyes, hips, elbows, cardiac, and sebaceous adenitis. He has tested normal and clear for Von Willebrand's Disease, Neonatal Encephalopathy, and Degenerative Myelopathy. He has also been tested at the Veterinary Genetics Laboratory as part of the Canine Genetic Diversity project. Two of Clark's grandparents are also fully OFA and CHIC health certified. In Clark's 5-generation pedigree, there are almost 10 performance titles and almost 50 Champions! Clark's father Lucky has his AKC CH conformation title. In Clark's 3-generation pedigree, there are only solid black and brown dogs to help retain rich color.
Phoebe and Clark are an excellent 10/10 genetic match according to the Veterinary Genetics Laboratory Canine Genetic Diversity project. An increase in genetic diversity decreases complex autoimmune disorders and other complex diseases. The test breeding for Phoebe/Clark is available at https://www.betterbred.com/litter-summary?sire=1465&dam=4845. The average Outlier Index is 0.24, and the average Internal Relatedness is -0.01.
We are located near Baltimore, MD. We are an AKC Breeder of Merit. More information and photos are available at www.facebook.com/piccolospoodles.
If you would like to receive more details about our litter, please complete our puppy questionnaire at https://www.piccolospoodles.com/contactus.htm!
* LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR PUPPY UPDATES *
* LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR PUPPY UPDATES*
How do I reserve a puppy? What's next?
1. Complete our puppy application at https://www.piccolospoodles.com/contactus.htm. We like to get to know the goals and lifestyle of each potential family. This information helps us start the dialog to ensure that each of our puppies are matched with the right family. The more detailed information you provide, the more accurately we can assess if we have a good match. Completing the application does not automatically add you to our reservation list.
2. We will email you details about our upcoming litter(s).
3. Respond to that email with any questions or if you'd like to reserve a puppy.
4. We may schedule an initial meet and greet in a public setting (Lowe's, park, dog show, or pet store), Zoom virtual meeting, or phone call. This allows you to meet some of our dogs, ask questions, and discuss your goals. We may also contact your references to verify that you are an excellent home for one of our puppies.
5. Upon request, we will email you our full puppy contract to review.
6. If you'd like to reserve a puppy, complete and return the contract with deposit check in the mail. Deposit checks are not processed until puppies are born. Your completed contract and deposit check must be received before addition to our reservation wait list. So you have a realistic expectation, our general reservation wait time can be a couple months up to possibly over a year depending on when we have a puppy that best matches your goals and lifestyle.
7. After the puppies are born, we will be in touch with our deposit holders and solidify specific details about the goals and lifestyle of each family. We may schedule a Zoom virtual meeting or phone call to update your preferences, lifestyle, and goals as sometimes these things change from the initial application. If not completed earlier, we will contact your references to verify that you are an excellent home for one of our puppies. Everyone loves the frequent updates on our Facebook page as the puppies grow. We do not make specific puppy allocations until the temperament and conformation assessments are completed at 7 weeks old.
8. Please note we cannot control exact litter size, sex, or color so the wait time may be longer than expected. If there is not a puppy available when expected or no puppies match with your goals, lifestyle, and/or sex/color requirements, most families choose to transfer their reservation to the next litter.
9. We do reserve the right to reject an application or void a reservation and refund any deposit money at any time if we feel any family is not a good fit for our puppies. The health, safety, and care of our puppies is our top priority at all times.
What Is A Puppy?
What is a puppy
A puppy is a fluffy bundle of joy
Who can turn any object into a toy
With four paws and a wagging tail
He will try and beat you to pick up the mail
He likes to chew on anything new
A ball, a bone or even a shoe
He loves to run and likes to be
Chasing the neighbours cat up a tree
A puppy is loveable and so cute
Even when he ruins your favourite boot
His adoring look will melt your heart
And you know from him you won?t want to part
A puppies love just grows and grows
Through all of the little highs and lows
He truly will be your best friend
A great companion to the end.
Litter portraits by Terry Rowe.